The Ministry of Finance has issued a press release today evening announcing tax exemption on tax exemption for expenditure on
COVID-19 treatment and ex-gratia received on death due to COVID-19 by way of a press release and have issued notifications for extension of various times lines.
Tax Exemption on Covid-19 Expenditure and Ex-Gratia
- Exemption of the amount received by a taxpayer for medical treatment from employer or from any person for treatment of COVID-19 during FY 2019-20 and subsequent years.
- Exemption of without any limit on amount received as ex-gratia from employer on death of an employee due to covid-19 to his/her family members.
- Exemption up to Rs.10 Lakhs on amount received as ex-gratia from any person other than employer on death of a person due to covid-19 to his/her family members.
Major Timeline Extensions
- Statement of deduction of tax for Q4 F.Y.2020-21 in forms 24Q, 27Q, 26Q, for which earlier deadline was 30th June 2021, is now extended to 15th July 2021.
- Form 16 furnishable to Employees for which earlier deadline was 15th July 2021, is now extended to 31st July 2021.
- Application under Section 10(23C), 12AB, 35(1)(ii)/(iia)/(iii) and 80G of the Act in Form No. 10A/ Form No.10AB, for registration/ provisional registration/ intimation/ approval/ provisional approval of Trusts/ Institutions/ Research Associations etc., required to be made on or before 30th June, 2021, may be made on or before 31st August, 2021.
- Uploading of declarations of Form No.15G/15H during Q1 F.Y.2021-22 can be uploaded by 31st August 2021.
- Last date of linkage of Aadhaar with PAN under section 139AA of the Act, which was earlier extended to 30th June, 2021 is further extended to 30th September, 2021.
- Last date of payment of amount under Vivad se Vishwas (without additional amount) which was earlier extended to 30th June, 2021 is further extended to 31st August, 2021.
- Last date of payment of amount under Vivad se Vishwas (with additional amount) has been notified as 31st October, 2021.
Detailed note, can be viewed in the attachment below.
For More Questions Contact